IT service management professional with six years experience in enterprise IT. Accomplishments include e-commerce platform deployments, SAP migrations, data center consolidations and ongoing maintenance and support of enterprise application platforms. Able to deliver consistent operational excellence and customer satisfaction in a global environment of consolidations, acquisitions and divestitures.
- Establishing and maintaining customer relationships
- Managing global and virtual teams, emphasis on Latin America
- Communicating customer needs and strategies
- Project management
- Escalation management
- Process development and improvement
- Software development
- Technical writing and presentation
@ Signs & Graphics, San Francisco, CA 2007-2013
Founder and General Manager
Founded and ran a full-service sign and graphic design firm in downtown San Francisco. We provided design, production and installation services to a wide variety of clients, with a focus on office branding, trade show and museum displays, event graphics and regulatory signage. Primarily responsible for all aspects of the operation, including graphic design and production, marketing, procurement, outsourcing, and financials. Recognized for my for creative approach, attention to quality, follow-up and responsiveness to customers. Key clients included Aquarium of the Bay, University of the Pacific, Joie de Vivre Hotels, ancestry.com, Square, Splunk, WebPass and Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising.
Hewlett-Packard Company, Palo Alto, CA 1989 – 2005
IT Operations Account Manager
Responsible for managing enterprise IT services according to Service Level Agreements. Acted as single point of contact for tactical operational issues. Led and directed activities of distributed teams of technical support engineers. Ensured customer satisfaction through efficient and effective delivery of services.
- As Regional Account Delivery Manager for Latin America, responsible for all enterprise IT services supporting HP’s Latin American business operations.
- Managed enterprise infrastructure for the Software Global Business Unit’s external e-commerce operations.
- Increased customer satisfaction significantly, as measured by customer feedback and an 80% decrease in management escalations. Managed escalations of high-impact reactive incidents and proactive infrastructure improvements.
- Matrix-managed an account services delivery team to meet SLAs, deploy new servers and maintain customer satisfaction. Services include UX and Windows, SAN, load-balancing, monitoring, SAP, Oracle, Broadvision, Weblogic, Apache, SQL, IIS, networking.
- Acted as solution consultant for new and upgraded application platforms, scoping projects and gathering requirements. Provided input for service portfolio improvements.
- Project-managed numerous enterprise server implementations, migrations, upgrades and consolidations.
- Selected as Account Management representative to several global and regional process improvement teams, including workflow management improvement and server deployment turnaround time improvement.
Hardware Design Engineer
Developed diagnostic and test strategy, hardware design and software tools for the HP G1946A Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometer (LC/MSD). This product was a breakthrough in robustness, usability and automation for an extremely complex and unstable scientific instrument.
- Developed and implemented final test suite, including test software, technician and engineer training and production line support.
- Upgraded HP’s Autotune software algorithms to account for variability of electrospray and APCI.
- Developed and published a new method of electron multiplier gain calibration at ASMS.
- Developed automated tuning (calibration) solution and novel delivery mechanism.
Product Support Engineer
Provided factory support for the HP598X research-grade mass spectrometers and the associated HP-UX and Windows ChemStation software.
- Developed and delivered an average of 15 weeks of service engineer training per year.
- Wrote service manuals for HP5989A MS and HP59987A Electrospray products.
- Provided on-line phone and e-mail support to MS service engineers worldwide.
- Selected to provide on-site support for 1992 Olympic Games in Barcelona.
University of California, San Francisco 1983 – 1989
Staff Research Associate
Worked as an analytical chemist for five years in the School of Pharmacy’s Drug Studies Unit, an academic contract laboratory performing large-scale pharmacokinetic analyses for pharmaceutical companies.
- Developed proprietary pharmacokinetic reporting software.
- Responsible for all hardware and software support for over 40 chromatographic (LC and GC) systems.
San Francisco State University
BS, Cell and Molecular Biology
Summa cum laude
Professional Development & Training
Android development, Graphics and Video Processing, Modeling and Analysis of Social and Economic Networks, Algorithms
IT Service Management (ITIL)
LEAD Leadership Training Program
Fluent in Spanish and English
High Performance Liquid Chromatographic Method for Detection of Physostigmine and Eseroline in Plasma Using a Silica Gel Column and a Perchloric Acid Mobile Phase, Journal of Liquid Chromatography: Vol 13, No 2, 1990
Automated Measurement and Calibration of Electron Multiplier Gain in an LC/Mass Spectrometer, Proceedings of the 46th ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry, 1998
Novel Calibration System for API LC/MS, Proceedings of the 45th ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry, 1997