Talented and dedicated freelance Android and Web Developer with broad experience in software development, IT service management, project management and management of widely distributed teams. Solid understanding of native Android development, software development lifecycles, web analytics and social media marketing.
Native Android development (Android Nanodegree certification)
Managing global and virtual teams; Project management; Escalation management; Technical writing and presentation
Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Premiere
EatSafe is an Android app, currently in alpha, aimed at travelers with dietary restrictions that need help understanding ingredient lists in foreign languages. Based on the Open Food Facts API (openfoodfacts.org), EatSafe will allow a user to scan a product’s barcode and get all available nutritional information. The user will be able to set preferences for specific allergies or sensitivities that they are managing, and those will be highlighted if found in the database. Code at github.com/ereinecke/EatSafe
Web Developer and Social Media Manager, Air Shepherd Initiative
Designed and developed the website for Air Shepherd, a project of the Lindbergh Foundation, which uses drones to prevent poaching of rhinos and elephants in southern Africa. Managed social media presence critical to fundraising and educational goals.
@ Signs & Graphics, San Francisco, CA 2006-2013
Founder and General Manager
Founded and ran a full-service sign and graphic design firm in downtown San Francisco. We provided design, production and installation services to a wide variety of clients, with a focus on office branding, trade show and museum displays, event graphics and regulatory signage.
Hewlett-Packard Company, Palo Alto, CA 1985 – 2005
IT Operations Account Manager (1999 – 2005)
Responsible for managing enterprise IT services per Service Level Agreements. Acted as single point of contact for tactical operational issues. Led and directed activities of distributed teams of technical support engineers. As Regional Account Delivery Manager for Latin America, responsible for all enterprise IT services supporting HP’s Latin American businesses.
- Managed enterprise infrastructure for the Software Global Business Unit’s external e-commerce operations.
- Increased customer satisfaction significantly, as measured by customer feedback and an 80% decrease in management escalations. Managed escalations of high-impact reactive incidents and proactive infrastructure improvements.
- Matrix-managed an account services delivery team to meet SLAs, deploy new servers and maintain customer satisfaction. Services include UX and Windows, SAN, load-balancing, monitoring, SAP, Oracle, Broadvision, Weblogic, Apache, SQL, IIS, networking.
- Acted as solution consultant for new and upgraded application platforms, scoping projects and gathering requirements. Provided input for service portfolio improvements.
- Project-managed numerous enterprise server implementations, migrations, upgrades and consolidations.
- Selected as Account Management representative to several global and regional process improvement teams, including workflow management improvement and server deployment turnaround time improvement.
Scientific Instrument Design Engineer (1994-1999):
Developed diagnostic and test strategy, hardware design and software tools for the HP G1946A Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometer (LC/MSD). This product was a breakthrough in robustness, usability and automation for an extremely complex and unstable scientific instrument.
Product Support Engineer (1989-1994):
Provided factory support for the HP598X research-grade mass spectrometers and the associated HP-UX and Windows ChemStation software. Provided on-site factory support for 1992 Olympic Games in Barcelona.
San Francisco State University
BS, Cell and Molecular Biology, Summa cum laude
Professional Development & Training:
Android Developer Nanodegree and additional Android developer training, Algorithms, Graphics and Video Processing, Modeling and Analysis of Social and Economic Networks
Project Management, IT Service Management (ITIL)
Fluent in Spanish and English
High Performance Liquid Chromatographic Method for Detection of Physostigmine and Eseroline in Plasma Using a Silica Gel Column and a Perchloric Acid Mobile Phase, Journal of Liquid Chromatography: Vol 13, No 2, 1990
Automated Measurement and Calibration of Electron Multiplier Gain in an LC/Mass Spectrometer, Proceedings of the 46th ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry, 1998
Novel Calibration System for API LC/MS, Proceedings of the 45th ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry, 1997